[FFmpeg-user] Sliding text banner (was: Newbie questions)

Orbisoft Support inbox.mirror.orbisoft at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 03:39:54 CEST 2012

Thanks.

Using:

c:\mytemp\ffmpeg -y -i  C:\mytemp\video\video.flv -vf
"drawtext=fontfile=/Windows/Fonts/arialbd.ttf:text=YOU SHOULD NOT BE
WATCHING
THIS:fontsize=46:fontcolor=white:shadowcolor=black:shadowx=1:shadowy=1:x=W*(1-0.05*t):y=H+descent-ascent"
c:\mytemp\video\t1.flv

I got this:

http://www.orbisoft.com/ffmpeg/test001.flv

Questions:

1) If I want to simply make a video out of the ticker only, would I still
need an original video to overlay the text on or can I simply create it from
the drawtext? If I do need a blank video to start with (e.g. a black
rectangle 1920x50 pixels) how would I know how long to create the video for
and how could I create it?

2) The drawstring text in http://www.orbisoft.com/ffmpeg/test001.flv doesn't
in my opinion appear as smooth as the png animation - was a bit jumpy
occasionally. I know my png were anti-aliased. Do you know how I could
improve it?