[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg in Android Platform - Too slow...

Jorge Fonseca jcbfonseca at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 21:16:45 CEST 2012

Hi All,

I need to create a video from a set of images in Android Platform.
The simple way is ro execute a command like this:

 - ffmpeg -i INPUT_%d.png OUTPUT.mpg

For 450 frames/images (*1280x720*), the duration time is around *60s* - its
very slow....... I tried many image and FFmpeg options/formats/codecs but
the durations are similar...
If i reduce frame size to 640x480 the duration reaches around 50s.

Please, let me know if someone knows how to simply this command execution
and improving ffmpeg performance...

Note. I executed *ffmpeg *throw *command line* and *Android NDK layer*.