[FFmpeg-user] How to analyze video files?

JIA Pei jp4work at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 14:33:49 CEST 2012

Hi, all:

Again, I'd love to ask this question.
It's convenient for me to encode a video file from multiple .jpg files, for
example:
[code]$ ffmpeg -i %3d.jpg video.mpg[/code]
However, how can I use ffmpeg command (or other commands) to analyse how
many frames in such a .mpg file? It may have something to do with how I
encode (for example, the framerate, etc.), right? But, the default encoding
shouldn't change the number of frames in such a encoded .mpg file, right?

Anyway, can anybody please help how I can analyse a video file ---- how
many frames (better, both audio and video streams) in such a video file?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards

--

Pei JIA