[FFmpeg-user] Audio sync problem

Bojan Petrović bojan85 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 14:42:55 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to capture the screen and sound on Windows. I can get a good
result when capturing either video or audio. But when I capture both audio
is choppy and too fast.
Here are commands I used:

gives good audio
ffmpeg.exe -f dshow -i audio="virtual-audio-capturer" -acodec ac3 -t 10
asdf.mp4

gives good video
ffmpeg.exe -f dshow -i video="UScreenCapture" -b 500k -vcodec libx264 -crf
0 -preset UltraFast -tune ZeroLatency -t 10 asdf.mp4

gives good video BUT audio is too fast and choppy
ffmpeg.exe -f dshow -i
video="UScreenCapture":audio="virtual-audio-capturer" -vcodec libx264 -crf
0 -preset UltraFast -tune ZeroLatency -acodec ac3 -t 10 asdf.mp4

CPU is not maxing out, so I think it's not a performance problem. Does
anybody know where the problem might and has anybody done this with success?

Thanks,
Bojan