[FFmpeg-user] extraction I frames and strem them

amina_dalel dalel16dz at hotmail.fr
Tue Jun 5 15:42:50 CEST 2012

hi,
I am a bigginer in using ffmpeg, can you please help
I am trying to develop an appliation streaming media and I must pass before
a video mpg decomposed in the different streams of frames I, P and B.
I tried to extract the I frames first as jpeg with
ffmpeg -vf select="eq(pict_type\,I)" -i input.mp4 -vsyn 2 -f image 2
out-%02d.jpeg
then I tried to compresse the output stream in a video mp4
ffmpeg -vf select="eq(pict_type\,I)" -i input -vsyn 2 -f out.mp4
but when I check with ffprobe-show_info, I get all the frames of the video
and not only "I"