[FFmpeg-user] x264 with both 8bit and 10bit support

wtfux wtfux.dev at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 10 18:57:03 CEST 2012

Hey,
I know this might be the wrong place to ask this question but I don't
know where I should ask this and maybe someone on this mailing list
has an idea.

I want to transcode from both 8 and 10bit h264 to both 8 and 10bit
h264 with x264 using ffmpeg. The problem is that I need to build
libx264 with or without 10bit support. With 10bit support it is unable
to encode 8bit h264.
Is there a way to have 2 versions of libx264 installed alongside and
tell ffmpeg which one to use? I don't want to rebuild libx264 every
time I need hi10p and I can't use 2 (virtual) machines.
I'm using debian squeeze.

Thanks!