[FFmpeg-user] ffprobe only the first frame

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 19:10:06 CEST 2012

On date Sunday 2012-06-10 17:30:26 +0100, Mark Himsley encoded:
> I'd like to probe a file to get interlaced_frame="1"
> top_field_first="1" - which I believe is only available in
> -show_frames.
>
> My file is 30 minutes log - I only want the data from the first frame.
>
> I can't see anything in -h to answer this question. The ffmpeg
> -vframes, -frames:v and -t are not listed in ffprobe's help, and do
> not work.

-> feature request

And of course you can get it with a crude trick, you trim the file
*physically* in order to reduce the amount of data to be decoded.
--
ffmpeg-user random tip #7
If you're asking about problems with an ffmpeg tool, *always* post the