[FFmpeg-user] How to set up encoding with non-IDR keyframes/I-frames?

Anatol anatol2002 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 19:55:14 CEST 2012

Hello,
I am trying to generate a keyframe aligned multi-bitrate set of files.
I know that it can be done using the same pass-1 log file for the whole
multi-bitrate set.
But due to some constraints I can nit use it. I have tried another approach.
I use the 'force_keyframes' option, this ensures aligned key frames.
But in order to avoid quality reduction the scenecut is on.
Therefore, additionally to the aligned and 'forced' key frames, there are
'scenecut' keyframes as well.
My question is how do I turn the scenecut keyframes into non-IDR keyframes?

Thanks,
Anatol