[FFmpeg-user] Mapping audio from DV25 to MPEG2

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Jun 17 21:56:31 CEST 2012

James Anderson <JamesAnderson <at> NWCT.ORG> writes:

> The input file has two audio channels

No, it contains two mono streams;-(

> , but the output file is mono with only one of the audio
> source audio channels. I've tried mapping using -map. I
> can map each stream, but I can only get one to show up
> at a time. Do I need to use map_channel? It's not clear
> to me how to configure the map_channel.

The map_channel documentation on http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html
answers your question, please tell us if you don't find it
helpful.

[...]

> Here's the output from FFMPEG:
>
> Please use -b:a or -b:v, -b is ambiguous

Unfortunately, you did not add (complete) FFmpeg output.
For future questions, please always add complete,
uncut console output together with your command line.

Carl Eugen