[FFmpeg-user] Set same audio/video codecs for avi files

Rossana Guerra guerra.rossana at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 05:40:02 CEST 2012

2012/6/18 Rossana Guerra <guerra.rossana at gmail.com>

> Hello everyone, I need to set the same audio/video codecs to differents
> .avi video files. It is needed in order to join them.
> I passed to h264 video codec, but I can't find the correct comman line to
> set all them to mp3 audio codec.
>
> I could transform to h264, set the frame rate, bit rate, and so on.
>
> Is this a correct manner to join files?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Regards

Hi I respond myself, even it works I don't know it it is the proper manner.
I poiny my steps out.

1- Encode an .avi file to h264 and audio codec to mp3 (another parameters
are setting to te resulting filesuch frame rate and bit rate)
ffmpeg -i com1.avi -vcodec libx264 -b 1400k  -acodec libmp3lame -ar 22050
-ab 64k -r 30 -f avi comfin1.avi

2 - I set a logo
ffmpeg -i comfin1.avi -vf "movie=logo.bmp [logo]; [in][logo]
overlay=W-w-10:10[out]" -vcodec libx264 -b 1400k out1.avi

I did it for every avi file for concatenating them (concatenation doesn't
work when the files have different codecs, frame rate)

I use mencoder for the last step.

I'd like to know if step 1 and 2 are correct.

Thanks and regards

Rossana