[FFmpeg-user] segmenter creates empty m3u8 file

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Tue Jun 19 08:51:35 CEST 2012

* Hector Cano on Monday, June 18, 2012 at 17:35:49 +0200
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Christian Ebert <blacktrash at gmx.net> wrote:
>> -segment_list_size triggers some content to be written to the
>> test.m3u8 file - not very useful though, basically the same as
>> $ ls -1 *.ts > test.m3u8
>> But the manual says so, so I guess I cannot complain, and have to
>> look for a "real" segmenter, or experiment with creating an m3u8
>> myself.
>
> Have you tried including the desired segment length?
>
> -segment_time 10
>
> That should produce 10 second long segments, as far as I have tested.

I thought so as well, but at least from my mp4 test file it does
not make any difference - varying segment lengths from ~ 3.1 secs
to 19.46 secs.

In the end the playback is truncated even when I insert the
correct times manually via #EXTINF and increase
#EXT-X-TARGETDURATION to 20 in the m3u8 file.

Will try to create an mpegts as source for segmenting.

\black\trash movie         _SAME  TIME  SAME  PLACE_
 --->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/stsp.php
\black\trash audio   _ANOTHER  TIME  ANOTHER  PLACE_
--->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/atap.html