[FFmpeg-user] Feature request: ffmpeg --display-all-presets

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Wed Jun 20 00:50:50 CEST 2012

On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 12:00:39 -0600
Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It would be nice to have the ability to see which presets are
> available, but without having to install x264 first to do it (which is
> non-trivial on windows, whereas installing ffmpeg is trivial).
> Thanks!
> -roger-

Consider submitting this as an enhancement on the bug tracker, although
I'd prefer the presets to be listed with the libx264 preset option in
the docs instead as another separate option.

It would be trivial to simply manually add each preset, tune, and
profile, but I assume there is a more efficient method.