[FFmpeg-user] problem with audio/video sync after conversion

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Jun 20 11:18:02 CEST 2012

Arlo Leach <lists <at> arlomedia.com> writes:

> In this case, the sound and picture are out of sync when using the
> Flash version of the JWPlayer that you see on these pages. Playback
> is fine in the HTML5 version of the player, or the QuickTime player
> on my computer. I posted to the JWPlayer support board and was told
> that "usually this is caused by offsets between the audio
> and video stream, stored in a not widely used atom."

(Sorry for my original comment, it seems I missed some part of your mail.)
Imo, QuickTime is the relevant application for your use case,
you could try to change length, resolution, audio bitrate, audio
rate, x264 options and especially audio encoder to find out what
makes your player fail.

(Afaict FFmpeg does not store audio offset for mov files, I think
I do know what is meant with the comment.)

Carl Eugen