[FFmpeg-user] problem with audio/video sync after conversion

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 18:25:18 CEST 2012

>> Maybe try another aac codec?
>
> Do you mean instead of libfaac? Can you suggest an alternative?

$ ffmpeg -codecs | grep aac

should list them.

For me it shows:

 DEA D  aac             Advanced Audio Coding
 D A D  aac_latm        AAC LATM (Advanced Audio Codec LATM syntax)
  EA    libvo_aacenc    Android VisualOn AAC

The latter is what I was mostly hinting at.

> BUT HERE'S SOMETHING NEW:
>
> If I remove -r 15 from my ffmpeg conversion command, and let the converted video retain its original frame rate of 29.97, the sync problem disappears. I was using -r 15 to make my converted file sizes smaller. I could just remove this since I'm capping the bit rate anyway, but does this help reveal what the problem is?

so which numbers work and which don't? does 30 work?

The real answer to your question is "only adobe knows..." (maybe you
should ask their mailing lists, as well).

Also too bad those initial videos were cut off, I was getting excited
about showing my kids how to create tinfoil sculptures LOL.
-r