[FFmpeg-user] bgra to yuv

booglyboo funkyirish at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 21:45:34 CET 2012

I've been trying to convert a 1920x1080 BGRA 30 fps video (no sound) which is
in the avi container into a yuv file for the purpose of using dirac for
compression. I've tried to use the information at
http://ffmpeg-users.933282.n4.nabble.com/YUV-with-alpha-channel-td4351120.html,
but the framerate messes up and the file size changes so dramatically that I
don't believe the conversion was lossless.  To clarify:  I tried the exact
command and got a .nut file which seemed too small, then I changed the
-pix_fmt yuva420p to -pix_fmt yuv420p and tried to output a .avi file. This
resulted in something that was garbage.

I have tried many different things to convert this file including some
software that claimed it would do it but nothing preserves the video.  I
could use some help if anyone has the time.