[FFmpeg-user] Invalid audio in resulting MPEG-TS

Gord von Campe voncampeg at netscape.net
Sun Mar 4 19:42:03 CET 2012

On 04-03-2012 19:20, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Gord von Campe<voncampeg<at>  netscape.net>  writes:
>
>> When I try to mux a video (MPEG-2) and audio (WAV, pcm_s16le
>> ([1][0][0][0] / 0x0001), 48000 Hz, 2 channels, s16, 1536 kb/s) file into
>> a MPEG-TS container,
>
> Do you have any indication that mpeg-ts does support pcm_s16le?
> Do you have a sample file?
>
> Or do you want to encode uncompressed Bluray audio?
>
> Carl Eugen

The original files are from an opera: besides the mpeg video, there are
ac3 (5.1) and wav (stereo) audio files. I try to produce a MPEG-TS file
retaining the original ac3 and wav audio for local streaming (Popcorn Hour).

I don't really know if mpeg-ts supports pcm_s16le, but since tsMuxeR
produces a playable file (on MPlayer or Media Player Classic at least)
and that file is recognized correctly by FFmpeg and MediaInfo, I assumed
that this is the case...

The files are quite large, but I could produce a short clip if needed:
where should I send these files?

Gord