[FFmpeg-user] Invalid audio in resulting MPEG-TS

Gord von Campe voncampeg at netscape.net
Sun Mar 4 21:06:26 CET 2012

On 04-03-2012 19:20, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Gord von Campe<voncampeg<at>  netscape.net>  writes:
>
>> When I try to mux a video (MPEG-2) and audio (WAV, pcm_s16le
>> ([1][0][0][0] / 0x0001), 48000 Hz, 2 channels, s16, 1536 kb/s) file into
>> a MPEG-TS container,
>
> Do you have any indication that mpeg-ts does support pcm_s16le?
> Do you have a sample file?
>
> Or do you want to encode uncompressed Bluray audio?
>
> Carl Eugen

OK, apparently you are right that uncompressed (WAV, pcm_s16le) might
not be supported in mpeg-ts. Although tsMuxeR creates such a file, and
the individual streams are recognized by FFmpeg and MediaInfo, the
WAV/PCM stream cannot be played back (only video, no audio). The
confusion here comes from the fact that in my first attempt I muxed both
AC3 and WAV files into the mpeg-ts stream and it seemed that it was
possible to switch from one stream to the other, when in fact the player
was only cycling the AC3 stream: sorry, my bad!

Gord