[FFmpeg-user] Use libavformat to write raw MPEG4 from raw RTP data

Flipp singthesorrow at gmx.de
Wed Mar 7 14:20:24 CET 2012

Hello,

from an IP camera, I get a MPEG4 Stream over RTP. This stream, as well as
the preceding RTSP communication gets logged by an external hardware. This
means I am actually not reading from a real RTP stream as far more I am
reading the raw data out of it.

In my data I have the SDP Information ( e.g. the config field ) and also I
have all the RTP messages. As far as I know I need to parse all RTP frames
for their Marker Bit and put always one whole Frame ( until Marker Bit = 1 )
into a buffer and then pass it to the lib.
Now my problem is that I need some kind of example to get my mp4 file
written - all examples I found are accessing a file. I just can't find out
which functions I would need and how I would pass the data appropriately to
them. Maybe you could supply me with some links or examples.

Regards