[FFmpeg-user] Trouble with LPCM audio from D-VHS deck

Mike Brown brown at mrvideo.vidiot.com
Fri Mar 9 17:19:05 CET 2012

On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 12:41:20PM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Mike Brown <brown <at> mrvideo.vidiot.com> writes:
>
> > > With your patch, the resulting .wav file waveforms look really bad (severe
> > > phase reversals), so something is not right.
> > >
> > > I can't say for certain it is wrong, since I have no way to know what the
> > > audio is supposed to look/sound like.
> >
> > Should be 1kHz tone.
>
> It may make sense if you upload a sample with "real" audio,
> two different patches that both allow playback are discussed,
> but it is true that the 1kHz sample sounds bad in both cases.

Didn't know that 1 kHz tone wasn't real audio.  Guess I'd better tell the
broadcasters that :-)  If you put the audio in an audio editing program and
look at the waveform, you should see pure 1 kHz sinewaves (one for each
channel).

But, that said, I will capture some audio of an actual program and make it
available for downloading.

Thanks.

MB
--