[FFmpeg-user] How to detect distorded frames with ffmpeg

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Mar 11 16:41:06 CET 2012

Oussama Stiti <oussama.stiti <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Thank you for responding, actually, what i mean by "distorded frames" is a
> corrupted, or a missing frame. I'm working on an analyzer of video quality
> in real time, and i have to know exactly which frames are defective. Could
> ffmpeg, provide me with such information ?

Afaict, FFmpeg warns loudly when it encounters corrupted frames.
If a frame is missing and this can be detected (there are intra-only codecs in
raw containers where I believe this is not easily possible), FFmpeg also outputs
a warning, often more than one warning for a missing frame.

Do you have an example where you see no warnings although you know frames are
corrupted / missing?

Carl Eugen