[FFmpeg-user] Grabbing quality from TV card

tovis mailer.tovis at freemail.hu
Mon Mar 12 21:23:23 CET 2012

Hi!
I'm trying to grab video (at first) from a Pinacle PCTV Pro (TV + FM
stereo receiver) as lspci shows. I have some success, but the quality is
really wrong :( I have tested TV using fbtv and it was good enough, but
grabbing using command:

ffmpeg -v 10 -s 640x480 -r 25 -f video4linux2 -i /dev/video0 out0.avi

gives me really low quality result. I'm not sure what is wrong but the
result contains, scratches and digital noise, also some rude "combined"
pixels. I have try to lower resolution such as 320x240 but the result is
even worth.

I'm using Debian squeeze, with binary packaged ffmpeg version
SVN-r0.5.6-4:0.5.6-3
Any suggestion?

Sincerely
  tovis