[FFmpeg-user] Grabbing quality from TV card

tovis mailer.tovis at freemail.hu
Wed Mar 14 20:20:58 CET 2012

> tovis <mailer.tovis <at> freemail.hu> writes:
>
>> Definitely I have interlaced input. I have put v4l2-info's
>> output into the pastebin: http://pastebin.com/SWb1u94B
>> The VIDIOC_G_FMT(VIDEO_CAPTURE) shows that is it has
>> resolution 320x240 and it is interlaced and pixelformat
>> 0x33524742 [BGR3].
>
> Note that it is possible to encode progressive material
> interlaced and interlaced material progressive, afaik only
> the visual inspection of the material is relevant.
> (You only need a deinterlacer if the input material is
> really interlaced, no matter how it was encoded.)
>
>> I'm not so much understand v4l2 interface, there is such an
>> interface video overlay which have resolution 768x576, also
>> interlaced. ffmpeg can not use this interface?
>
> ?
>
>> Also how deinterlace/filter command parameter should be
>> look like? I know I ask too much, but I do not realy
>> understand "-qscale 2" parameter too :(
>
> -qscale means "constant quality" (and variable bitrate as
> opposed to constant or adaptive bitrate), "2" is very high
> quality, it is normally only used for testing
> (or high quality lossy backup).
> Try -vf yadif=0 and -vf yadif=1 - 1 doubles the framerate
> of the output file.
>
> Please try to avoid top-posting, it is considered rude here.
>
> Carl Eugen

Thanks for respond Carl!
Test was really quick :( "No such a filter: 'yadif'
Error opening filters!
I have check possible configuration parameters, and does not found
"--enable_filters"? It's real, do I need to enable every filters
one-by-one?

Sincerelly
  tovis

OK! I will avoid top-posting (it means do not post between citated answers
and continue post at bottom?). In the process it would generate very huge
posts, may be delete answer at all, and create a new document? I have seen
our conversation on gmane (it was faster delivered then my postmaster), it
will be very messy, I think.