[FFmpeg-user] forcing bitrate?

Langdon langdon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 16:35:27 CET 2012

> Please do not top-post, it is considered rude here, Carl Eugen

Ah, my apologies, Gmail has made me lazy about my replies.

> I don't think wav can be concatenated.
> Perhaps you search for -f s16le ?

When I do "-f s16le", I do get an even 1536.0 kbps, but there's still
silence at the beginning and end of the clip.  Am I to assume that is just
the nature of the video clip?  I'm expecting that the editor who I got this
clip from, should have added no pre/post-silence.

Is it normal for muxing overhead to increase the length of the audio clip
(from what I've read, I gather it does increase filesize)?