[FFmpeg-user] DOWN CONVERSION ISSUE: From MXF (1080i AVC Intra) - MBAFF "interlacing" to DVCPRO

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Mar 24 08:38:59 CET 2012

Iban Garcia <ibantxo28 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> It has a MBAFF interlacing inside (Mediainfo tells it).
>
> With ffmpeg I can get a DV, but it is de-interlaced and
> I want to be interlaced as well as the original video is.

Please provide the command line you used and the complete,
uncut console output and please point to a very short sample.

FFmpeg does no de-interlacing at all if not explicitly told
to do so.
(Otoh, progressive material can be encoded using MBAFF - and
even PAFF - and since the H264 decoder can only output frames,
you will get the - original - progressive material if you
encode the frames coming from the decoder.)

Carl Eugen