[FFmpeg-user] overlay w/librtmp

Scott Freeman scottf at tvw.org
Mon Mar 26 16:34:33 CEST 2012

Thanks for the reply, I figured out what was going on (running 0.10).
Evidently you cannot use the "-acodec copy -vcodec copy" for the codec
setting from the source media for your output. The overlay filter will
throw no errors, but will not work. You have to specify the output codec
parameters (even if they are the same as the inputs) to get the overlay to
work.
I would stretch to call this a bug or an oversight but I think I understand
the workflow and the logic there being a programmer.
It does work now. I hope that this could though be at least documented or
updated in the next revision.

Thanks