[FFmpeg-user] overlay w/librtmp

Scott Freeman scottf at tvw.org
Mon Mar 26 19:19:06 CEST 2012

Tom, thanks for the clarification. Like I mentioned, I thought it would be
a stretch to call it a bug. And you confirmed my guess on how
"copy" worked, thank you.

I am curious though about what you said and this may be a topic for another
thread. Why couldn't ffmpeg be able to detect the input video information
and create a "similar" output string to essentially copy the inputs
settings? I could surely do that or something similar with a script and
some program logic to generate a output string before starting the encode.
I think it would make for a good feature built-in, especially when users
sometimes are just re-encoding a video to do effects and overlays and such.
Am I way off here?

Thanks again Tom, for taking the time to reply to my post.

Cheers,
Scott