[FFmpeg-user] Need help on error concealment

flora florabbi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 09:45:59 CEST 2012

Hi guys,

I have a question about the settings of  error resilience, which seems
should be decided by the parameters :error resilience and error concealment
Now  the function ff_er_add_slice()   always return without doing  EC,
and I found the statement in the code, but where should i set them?

* Error resilience; higher values will detect more errors but may
     * misdetect some more or less valid parts as errors.
     * - encoding: unused
     * - decoding: Set by user.

#define FF_ER_CAREFUL         1
#define FF_ER_COMPLIANT       2
#define FF_ER_AGGRESSIVE      3
#define FF_ER_VERY_AGGRESSIVE 4

  /**
     * error concealment flags
     * - encoding: unused
     * - decoding: Set by user.
     */
    int error_concealment;
#define FF_EC_GUESS_MVS   1
#define FF_EC_DEBLOCK     2

Could anyone please give me some suggestions?

Thanks so much!