[FFmpeg-user] Need help converting videos for on-demand-streaming

wtfux wtfux.dev at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 30 20:13:20 CEST 2012

> Quality-related options:
>   -q <quality>    Set default variable bitrate (VBR) quantizer quality in percent.
>         (default: 100, averages at approx. 120 kbps VBR for a normal
>         stereo input file with 16 bit and 44.1 kHz sample rate; max.
>         value 500, min. 10).

I tried that but the output is constant bitrate.

-codec:a libfaac -q:a 120
Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AAC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile                           : LC
Codec ID                                 : 40
Duration                                 : 2mn 0s
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 144 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L R
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Delay relative to video                  : -2s 2ms
Stream size                              : 2.05 MiB (8%)

-codec:a libfaac -q:a 200
Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AAC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile                           : LC
Codec ID                                 : 40
Duration                                 : 2mn 0s
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 187 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L R
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Delay relative to video                  : -2s 2ms
Stream size                              : 2.68 MiB (11%)