[FFmpeg-user] Oddity decoding DVCProHD and XDCAM

Mike Szumlinski szumlins at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 19:07:08 CEST 2012

Carl,
I've put the output into pastebin as to not clog up everyone's email with excessive output

DVCProHD Output
http://pastebin.com/NaiUVciH

XDCam Output
http://pastebin.com/f1QE0rny

Upon digging deeper, the output actually does seem valid, but only in certain players (mplayer, vlc) and not widely available players (WMPlayer, Quicktime X, embedded HTML5 <video>).  I'm thinking this is likely due to an encode setting at this point, but as I'm new to ffmpeg I'm not even quite sure where to start.  The ultimate goal is to have these various formats encoded and scaled down to be able to be presented as low resolution proxy/preview images in an HTML5 video container.

Interestingly enough, building from the git source didn't seem to install the man pages for me either on my CentOS system, so I'm somewhat manual-less as of current.

-Mike