[FFmpeg-user] Question about v4l2 controls and ffmpeg, also dts muxer problems

Goetz Dapp goetz.dapp at googlemail.com
Mon May 7 01:49:04 CEST 2012

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 1:09 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Goetz Dapp <goetz.dapp <at> googlemail.com> writes:
>
> > ffmpeg -f video4linux2 -framerate 30 -video_size hd720 -input_format
> > mjpeg -fflags igndts -an -i /dev/video0 -c:v copy -an /HDD2/test1.mjpeg
>
> > I am curious though if there is any way of controlling the v4l2 control
> > ids through ffmpeg, i.e. things like V4L2_CID_WHITE_BALANCE_TEMPERATURE,
> > V4L2_CID_DO_WHITE_BALANCE, V4L2_CID_FOCUS_AUTO ...
>
> No, but I believe it should be straight-forward to implement, see
> v4l2_set_parameters() and options[] in libavdevice/v4l2.c

Sorry it took me a while to respond. I did some searching, but I think I am
not entirely clear what this would entail. Since I am not a programmer,
could you give me some more ideas how that could be done?

See: http://pastebin.com/iVcchSVv

> > If I tell it to save it as an .avi file it crashes immediately
>
> Crashes are important, please provide the missing information
> as explained on http://ffmpeg.org/bugreports.html

Do I need to compile ffmpeg to get the ffmpeg_g? Here is what I get in the
regular console:

http://pastebin.com/TerkNUPP

> > with the mjpeg it seems to record relatively OK. Is there a
> > way of solving this?
>
> > Or, at the least, to turn off the error messages?
>
> -loglevel xx ?

Thanks! I completely missed that.