[FFmpeg-user] Wrong input framerate detected

Brendan Brewster brendan.brewster at gmail.com
Fri May 11 18:08:04 CEST 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Brendan Brewster <brendan.brewster <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > It seems that ffmpeg is incorrectly detecting the input framerate of a
> > video I have.
>
> Why do you think so?
> Is there a problem with A/V sync? If yes, please provide command
> line together with complete, uncut console output and a sample.
> (No external libraries if they are not needed to reproduce
> the problem.)

My media player (and mediainfo) indicated it as such; you'll have to
forgive my lack of knowledge per Mike's response.

>  > My encode attempt utilized the concat protocol.
>
> Is there only a problem if you use concat: or also if you encode
> a single input file?

No problem with concat, I was only showing it for reference with the other
info in case it meant something useful. I now know from Mike's response
that it does not; again, lack of knowledge with regard to his feedback.

> > Just to demonstrate the
> > framerate, I have the following stripped down to just the input.
>
> Or do I misunderstand, encoding runs fine (and the encoded file
> is fine), but you don't like FFmpeg's console output?

I did not complete a full encode as I was concerned about this output
before continuing.

> (Please note that I do not easily remember a problem where
> MediaInfo was any help.)

Good to know.