[FFmpeg-user] ERROR: libx264 not found : with ffmpeg ( free dom version )

Yong Dung Vu dungv at cs.ucr.edu
Sat May 12 06:17:19 CEST 2012

Hello,

Since we do not have sudo previleges so that we can not install latest
x264 on /usr/local folder.
We install x264 on a separate folder, but we unable to configure ffmpeg
with the following command line
Please help.
Thanks a lot
Dung Vu

./configure --enable-encoder=libx264 --enable-libx264 --enable-gpl
--enable-pthreads
--enable-version3 --disable-ffserver --prefix=/home/dungv/ffmpeg

ERROR: libx264 not found lib

If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure as this will help
solving the problem.