[FFmpeg-user] pixelated video after inserting a logo

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Sat May 19 12:13:08 CEST 2012

On date Saturday 2012-05-19 01:03:11 -0300, Rossana Guerra encoded:
> Hello, applying the following command, the output appears pixelated. Why is
> this? is there a parameter o setting I am missing?
>
>  ffmpeg -i input.avi -vf "movie=watermark.png [logo]; [in][logo]
> overlay=W-w-10:H-h-10[out]" output.avi

That depends most likely on the default output quality. You can
increase the output bitrate or the quality to fix that, use a
different lossy codec with a better quality/compression ratio (AVI
assumes MPEG-4 part 2 by default, but you can change that through the
-vcodec option), or use a lossless codec.
--
ffmpeg-user random tip #15
Please submit bugreports to: