[FFmpeg-user] mmsh streams and immense buffering

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Wed May 23 22:16:31 CEST 2012

On Wed, 23 May 2012 18:18:14 +0100, Patrick Cornwell
<patrick at cornwell.org> wrote:

>> (Backtrace for crash missing.)
>
> Again, apologies for being a bit thick on this,

Don't worry, you aren't, you're being an entirely normal computer user.

> as I personally am testing
> this with the windows binary, how do I get a backtrace?

You don't. The only people likely to be equipped to do this are
professional software engineers. I should point out that Carl Eugen knows
this full well and is being deliberately obstructive.

>> (When reporting problems, always try to avoid using external libraries
>> like x264 and libvo, it makes reproducing problems more difficult.)
>
> It only crashes when I try to transcode to anything other than JPGs or
> WMV.

What Carl Eugen is doing here is asking you to compile a special version
of ffmpeg using only parts of the source code that went into making up the
version with which you're working. Again, this is not something you will
be able to do unless you're an experienced software engineer (and again,
Carl Eugen knows this very well and again, he's being deliberately
difficult).

Carl Eugen, please don't ask people to do things that you know they're
unlikely to be able to do.

It is considered rude.