[FFmpeg-user] Experience with libvo_aacenc encoding quality

Robert Krüger krueger at lesspain.de
Thu May 24 18:01:48 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have tested libvo_aacenc as a redistributable aac encoder but
recently noticed that there are audible quality differences compared
to a better aac encoder even at rather high bit rates such as 192 or
256k.

I doublechecked if it was the right encoder that was used as opposed
to the internal one and the bitrate and both are correct. Am I the
only one noticing this or has anyone else had quality problems with
libvo_aacenc? Any special CL parameters I'm not seeing?

Thanks in advance,

Robert