[FFmpeg-user] AC-3 Dolby Digital 5.1 Encoding

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat May 26 16:30:38 CEST 2012

Chase Patterson <chapatt <at> gmail.com> writes:

> So, the command I figured out (ffmpeg -i Session.flac -s:a 48k -ab
> 640k -acodec ac3 -ac 6 Session.ac3) works, but even though it does in
> fact have 6 channels, it plays in stereo.

This seems unlikely / difficult to understand.
Above command does not "play" anything, so I assume you used
something else to test the resulting file. What was it?

And a sample will probably be needed, or you use
samples.ffmpeg.org/multichannel/6_Channel_ID.flac to make sure
we are talking about the same input file.

Carl Eugen