[FFmpeg-user] Null processed Video file is not the same as original

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Nov 1 17:11:47 CET 2012

MohammadH Sedaaghi <sedaaghi <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> ffmpeg -i Wave.wav -f image2 -i Img%d.jpg -r 25 output.mp4

This is another command line than the one you originally used;-)

Iiuc, you are describing two problems:
The output file is larger than the input file.
The output is one frame longer than the input file.

If I understand the first problem correctly, my answer is just
that you cannot get the same file with the operations you do
(encoding and decoding with jpg encoder is not lossless), you
can (kind of) "choose" the output file size with either setting
a constant quality (-qscale, smaller=better), or setting a target
bitrate (-vb 500k).

The other thing is that your original video is 02.04 seconds,
the aac audio (in mov) is slightly longer, so the last frame
gets duplicated. -shortest may avoid this.

Please do not top-post here, Carl Eugen