[FFmpeg-user] output file numbering ubuntu ffmpeg

Krämer, Patrick patrick.kraemer at student.kit.edu
Thu Nov 1 12:01:12 CET 2012

Thanks so much for all your help!
It works!!!!
Best wishes Patrick

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: ffmpeg-user-bounces at ffmpeg.org [mailto:ffmpeg-user-bounces at ffmpeg.org] Im Auftrag von Carl Eugen Hoyos
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 31. Oktober 2012 10:01
An: ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org
Betreff: Re: [FFmpeg-user] output file numbering ubuntu ffmpeg

Krämer, Patrick <patrick.kraemer <at> student.kit.edu> writes:

> $ ffmpeg -start_number 5  -i gopr0043.mp4 %06d.png ffmpeg version
> 0.8.3-4:0.8.3-0ubuntu0.12.04.1

This is an intentionally broken version of FFmpeg, it contains several hundred known bugs not present in FFmpeg, some of them security relevant. Please understand that we therefore cannot support this version, please see http://ffmpeg.org/download.html to find out how to get a current version.
I suggest you compile a static binary and put it in /usr/local/bin

-start_number is both an input and an output option.

Carl Eugen