[FFmpeg-user] rawvideo with a header

Erez Steinberg erez_st at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 2 13:07:50 CET 2012

On Thu, 1 Nov 2012 18:29:52 +0000,Carl Eugen <cehoyos at ag.or.at> writes:

> Ideally by explaining what you have and
> what you need.
> (Seriously: This might be simple, but you
> have neither posted complete, uncut console
> output - this is basically needed for every
> request here - nor explained what your file
> format is or provided a sample, so how can
> we help you?)

I'll explain in further details. I have a program that dumps video into a custom format.The format is:    [ Header - 100 bytes]    [ Frame #1 ]    [ Frame #2 ]    [ ... ]    [ Frame #N ]
Header -- a fixed-length header (100 bytes).Frame - A raw video frame in YUYV422.
I am trying to convert the file to an H.264 stream, but or that I need a way to skip the header.

I would like to run a command similar to-
ffmpeg -vcodec rawvideo -f rawvideo -pix_fmt yuv422p -skipheader 100 -i <SOURCE_VIDEO> -s 640x480 -r 30 -vcodec libx264 <OUTPUT_FILE>The '-skipheader 100' parameter is what I can't find.
I prefer to have this capability as part of ffmpeg, and avoid an unnecessary file-copy as uncompressed files are huge.

> Please do not top-post here.
Sorry about that -- didn't know the proper netiquette.