[FFmpeg-user] parser not found for codec dvb_teletext

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Nov 3 01:25:43 CET 2012

jon h <jon77h <at> gmail.com> writes:

> When transcoding programs recorded off DVB-T (Australia),
> I'd like to get the 'closed caption' subtitles,
> for a friend who has poor hearing.

FFmpeg generally does not support "closed caption"
subtitles (MPlayer does though).

> Using Zeranoe build 20121029, win 32-bit shared:--
>
> input messages contain:
> Stream #0:2[0x240](eng): Subtitle: dvb_teletext ([6][0][0][0] / 0x0006)

This is either not "closed caption" or a bug in FFmpeg
(that you should report).

> [mpegts @ 00f04980] parser not found for codec dvb_teletext, packets or
> times may be invalid.

> output messages contain:
> Stream #0:2 -> #0:2 (? -> ass)
> Decoder (codec dvb_teletext) not found for input stream #0:2

It is currently not generally possible to convert from
other subtitles to ass.

Please always post the command line you tried together
with the complete, uncut console output when reporting
problems.

Carl Eugen