[FFmpeg-user] FFV1 and RGB colorspace

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Sun Nov 4 18:31:35 CET 2012

On 11/04/2012 06:13 PM, Philip Muzzall wrote:
> Is there a way to change what colorspace is used for FFV1? Whenever I try
> to encode with it the final output always comes out in YUV.
Please post commandline and uncut console output...
You can choose the output colorspace using the "-pix_fmt" parameter.
Which RGB variant are you using as source?

> On a side note are there other options for the FFV1 encoder?
I assume we're talking about FFv1.1 (as FFv1.3 is still marked as
experimental), so the options you have are:

*) Coder: -coder 0/1
*) Context: -context 0/1
*) GOP size: -g <int>

With FFv1.3 you have additional parameters like "slices" or "slicecrc",
for multithreaded encoding and error detection.

Regards,
Pb