[FFmpeg-user] bad performance when streaming udp from png image2pipe source

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 11:09:12 CET 2012

On 11/4/12, Jacobs <jacobhameiri at gmail.com> wrote:
> Roger thanks for trying to help.
> This is the output with pthreads in ffmpeg and ffplay ( I haven't noticed
> any difference in video output quality ).
>
> from what I can understand the link you gave me is good for pointtopoint
> only, I need a solution for one to many streaming and from what I
> understand
> udp multicast is the best option for that, am I wrong ?

Yes I suppose then you'd either need a central external server (like
ffserver--which I still wish somebody would plug into ffmpeg as an
"output format" :)

for me in windows even streaming something as small as a DVD quality
mpeg over udp causes significant artifacts if I use UDP instead of
TCP.  So...you may need to decrease your resolution or the like.  If
you stream to TCP does it work ok?