[FFmpeg-user] mpegts streaming freeezes after 20 seconds

Jacobs jacobhameiri at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 07:58:52 CET 2012

If I stream to a file I get a steady working stream.

If I stream to udp:
what freezes is the output in ffplay, I suspect it has something to do with
frame rate adjustment.
The input is a pipe that outputs about 2 png frames per second, and I need
to make adjustments for the stream to output in destination in the same (
approximately ) frame rate.
That is why I add -r 1 in the input and -r 25 in the output.

If I don't add this fr config, when I stream to a file I get a very fast
video of the frames ( 25 fps of what is supposed to be 2 fps ), and if I
stream to udp I get a weird frame rate of: frame, 10 sec stop, frame, 0.5
sec stop, frame, and so on constantly.

I also noticed ( I am not absolutely sure about this one ) that the more
changes there are between each frame the faster the stream freezes.