[FFmpeg-user] mpegts streaming freeezes after 20 seconds

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 6 16:37:47 CET 2012

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 6:58 AM, Jacobs <jacobhameiri at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I stream to a file I get a steady working stream.
>
> If I stream to udp:
> what freezes is the output in ffplay, I suspect it has something to do with
> frame rate adjustment.

What about if you stream it to a file, and then stream it over udp.
IE, remove the encoding step from the process. Does the stream then
play correctly?

In your encoding ffmpeg invocation, the final status line says:

frame= 1400 fps= 22 q=31.0 size=   10768kB time=00:00:55.92
bitrate=1577.5kbits/s dup=1343 drop=0

22 fps is less than 25 fps (your requested output fps). Is it a
problem with being unable to encode fast enough?

Cheers

Tom