[FFmpeg-user] Scene detection -- numerical output?

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Thu Nov 8 06:12:47 CET 2012

On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 20:04:59 -0800
David Liontooth <lionteeth at cogweb.net> wrote:

> The scene detection feature is a great addition:
>
> http://git.videolan.org/gitweb.cgi/ffmpeg.git/?a=commit;h=72868144e5862168a4f829557b7a41f686b8b12d
>
> Example:
>
> ffmpeg -i video.avi -vf select='gt(scene\,0.4)',scale=160:120,tile -frames:v 1 preview.png
>
> Set a threshold value between 0 and 1 for detecting a new scene.
> Increase the value to lower the number of detected scenes; sane values
> are typically between 0.3 and 0.5.
>
> Is it possible to get a numerical output (say, frame numbers) instead of
> the montage?
>
> Cheers,
> David

Do you mean you want an individual image for each output frame? Try this:

ffmpeg -i video.avi -vf select='gt(scene\,0.4)',scale=160:-1 preview-%04d.png

I also changed height to "-1" to automatically select the correct height
to preserve aspect. If you specifically need 120 you can add the pad or
crop filters to deal with that.

But of course maybe I did not understand your quesiton completely.