[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg libx264 VBR and CBR output generates different POC, possible bug

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Nov 10 11:27:36 CET 2012

Maxim Levkov <maxim.levkov <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Sidepoint: Where do I file a bug?

For bugs that are reproducible with ffmpeg (the application),
but - in your case - not x264 (the cli interface of libx264),
see http://ffmpeg.org/bugreports.html (but you can also report
bugs here on the mailing list). Make sure to provide a
command line together with complete, uncut console output
and explain what is wrong with the output file.
(And point to an input stream.)
Bugs in x264 (no matter if they are reproducible with ffmpeg
or not) should not be reported here.

(Note that I do not completely understand your report and I
have absolutely no idea whether there is a bug or in case
there is a bug if it is in FFmpeg or x264.)

Carl Eugen