[FFmpeg-user] Issue with encoding and rotating

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Thu Nov 15 07:40:29 CET 2012

On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 10:23:27 +0200
Igor Y <igory at sjinnovation.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using this version of ffmpeg:
>
> FFmpeg version SVN-r26381, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the FFmpeg developers

This is incredibly old and unsupported. It is from 2011-01-19 and as of
now there have been at least 20378 additional commits to the source
code since r26381. Development is active and usage of recent ffmpeg is
encouraged.

> built on Jan 15 2011 17:39:05 with gcc 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-48)

This guide may be of interest to you if you need help compiling:
<https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/CentosCompilationGuide>

Alternatively you can try the static binaries. See the ffmpeg.org
download page at http://ffmpeg.org/download.html

Do not use -sameq: http://superuser.com/a/478550/110524

> And it runs without errors. it return:

[trimmed]

> But when I play video it played without pictures only audio.

What are you using to play the output? How do you know your player is
not the issue?

> Can someone help me with that issue?

I doubt further help can be provided unless you use a supported version
of ffmpeg.