[FFmpeg-user] Flipping Iphone videos

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Nov 15 18:41:54 CET 2012

Kai Hendry <hendry <at> iki.fi> writes:

> On 15 November 2012 18:23, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> > As Clément pointed out, the correct work-around
> > is "-metadata:s:v rotate=0"

> Now everything is upside down .... ?

You originally reported different problems, one of them -
that I was not aware of and that was not reported before -
was that if you explicitly rotate iPhone videos using -vf
transpose Safari (and I assumed QuickTime) show the resulting
video incorrectly (rotated).
I only commented on this issue (I wanted to spare you my
comment <<What is "inactive" about trac tickets?>>), I even
tried to fix it (which turned out to be non-trivial), and I
finally provided the solution (not found by me).

> As mentioned before, I still don't understand why I have
> to manually flip Iphone videos.

Because ticket #515 was not fixed yet, feel free to add
yourself to CC or send a patch.

Carl Eugen