[FFmpeg-user] Flipping Iphone videos

Kai Hendry hendry at iki.fi
Fri Nov 16 02:52:47 CET 2012

On 16 November 2012 01:41, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> You originally reported different problems, one of them -
> that I was not aware of and that was not reported before -
> was that if you explicitly rotate iPhone videos using -vf
> transpose Safari (and I assumed QuickTime) show the resulting
> video incorrectly (rotated).

Sorry, I did try my best to explain the problem and call it "flipped"
and include a log.

> I only commented on this issue (I wanted to spare you my
> comment <<What is "inactive" about trac tickets?>>), I even
> tried to fix it (which turned out to be non-trivial), and I
> finally provided the solution (not found by me).

https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/515 was last touched 5 months
ago, hence I called it inactive.

I don't understand the solution since now everything is wrongly
rotated and yes, ideally I didn't have to manually rotate my iphone
videos. :)

> Because ticket #515 was not fixed yet, feel free to add
> yourself to CC or send a patch.

I don't have the skills to send a patch. I'll add links to my mov and
HTML5 video that exhibits the problem.

Many thanks,