[FFmpeg-user] Subtitles (libass) on CentOS5 - fontconfig error

Nathaniel Finney hdlmnate at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 14:38:01 CET 2012

I'm having problems burning subtitles with an ffmpeg installation on
CentOS5, I get a warning:

*Fontconfig disabled, only default font will be used.*

And the conversions exits on the first frame with segmentation fault.  I've
tried the Windows solution recommended in the documentation, adding the
path variable:

*export FONTCONFIG_PATH=/etc/fonts*

As well as FONTCONFIG_FILE, FC_...    no change.  It seems that ffmpeg is
not finding my font configuration path, any ideas?  I also posted the
complete result on creativecow:
http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/291/1015